• May 8, 2020
Is chronic lung disease preventable?
Is chronic lung disease preventable?H. Aly and M. Mohamed in their 2020 article in Pediatrics Research described a bubble CPAP bundle that is associated with a consistently low incidence of chronic lung disease over 16 years. This bundle included:
- Specific protocol for delivery room management
- Early use of bubble CPAP
- Judicious use of surfactant
- Criteria for bubble CPAP failure
- Protocol for the care of airway
- Weaning off CPAP
- Use of caffeine
- Monitoring oxygen saturation
- Fluid and nutrition management
- Transfusion practices.